Thursday, March 10, 2005

Seat Covers...

Avoiding projects?? I would NEVER avoid projects … and I would definitely not avoid them by actually doing other completely unrelated projects. Yep, I would never do that.

Except, um, now. Don’t worry, the Ao Dai is not permenantly on hold, however I’ve been having a hard time getting up the courage to get started (cutting is just so … final). In the mean time, I may have laid my hands on some fabric that was just perfect for making covers for my set of Ikea folding chairs. The chairs are pretty cute on their own, but I think they'll benefit from a little dressing up. I decided to use two types of fabric: a casual fabric for one side, and a more dressed-up fabric for special occasions (I know I know, how special can an occasion be with a folding chair? Just go with me here).

So far I've gotten a start on the seat cushion portion of the project, and when this is completed I'm going to move on to matching covers for the seat back!!

Here's the fabric (including the new table cloth)


I learned to make my own cording!
I wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be, but still sort of a pain



Here's the casual side of a finished pillow:


And finally, the more classy side to the seat cover:

1 Comments:

Blogger Costume Diva said...

OOOOO!!! Yummy fabric, and gorgeous cording! I really like the finished product with the two sides!

April 19, 2005 at 11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home